This rental contract is available to you on our website prior to your booking so you can transparently understand the terms and conditions of all rentals with Kelly's Jubilee. After booking, you will be asked to signed this contract to confirm your rental agreement with us.
VACATION RENTAL CONTRACT - Kelly’s Jubilee
The vacation rental contract is a legal agreement between Kelly’s Jubilee (also referred to as the "Homeowners" and "Owner" and "Landlord" and "Property Manger") and you, the Renters (also referred to as "Tenants" and "Guests"). This contract is entered into agreement as of the date when the Renters place their reservation online and the reservation is screened and accepted by the Homeowner. The Homeowner will notify the Renters by email when their reservation is accepted. Owner reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
All payments must be received at the time of booking.
Cleaning & Linen Service Policy:
The home is provided with pillows, linens, blankets, towels, kitchen towels, blankets/comforters, hand towels & washcloths. A cleaning service to clean the house and linens on your departure is included on your invoice. You are responsible that all debris, rubbish and discards are placed in plastic bags and transferred to the trash cans in the storage bin outside the cabin, and soiled dishes and cooking utensils are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
The home is provided with a starter packet. This packet includes a packet of coffee, laundry detergent, dishwashing powder, dishwashing liquid, paper towels, 1 toilet paper per bathroom, body soap, and trash bags. Owners do not guarantee that these extra items will always be available and guests will need to replenish their own paper goods, toiletries, & laundry detergent, etc. if they run out.
We, the Renters (also referred to as “Tenants" and "Guests") agree to the following:
1) PAYMENT DUE - All rental monies are due according to the payment schedule disclosed under "Payment Policy" above on reservation acceptance.
2) CANCELLATION: Please see our cancellation policy here. EARLY DEPARTURE - There are NO REFUNDS for EARLY DEPARTURE.
3) HURRICANES, TROPICAL STORMS & ACTS OF NATURE - There are NO REFUNDS for hurricanes, tropical storms, weather conditions or acts of nature, even if a mandatory evacuation is ordered (optional travel insurance may be obtained by the renter through a third party. Renter ASSUMES THE RISK).
4) CONDITION OF PROPERTY: Owners have, to the best of their ability, given an accurate description of the property and its condition. Guest understands that it is considered as reserved "sight unseen". Our cleaning staff will have cleaned it before your occupancy. All electrical, plumbing and appliances should be in working order. The failures of operation of certain extra amenities, such as TVs, cable, games, or the Internet and WiFi service are not a basis for any refund. Owner will make every effort to have these items repaired but does not guarantee that they will be repaired during Guest's occupancy. When you arrive, if you find that the house has not been cleaned to normal standards, please notify the Owner immediately. We will do our best to have the issue taken care of. Under no circumstances will any of the rental money be refunded or returned because of the condition of the house. The Guest agrees to hold the Owner harmless from any liability for the condition of the house.
5) CLEANING & REPAIRS: All homes have cleaning included in the total rent. Please note that cleaning does not include dishes & cooking utensils. If additional cleaning is required after you leave, the extra cleaning fee will be deducted from your security deposit. Guest agrees to keep house, furniture and furnishings in good order. Removing, adding or changing furniture without Owner's written approval shall be deemed a material breach of this Rental Agreement, and is strictly prohibited. Guest is responsible for cost of replacement of any damage to furniture or premises and replacement of missing items. Under no circumstances can any furnishing or linen be taken outside.
6) ENTRY OF PREMISES: With Guest's permission, which is hereby given, Owner or Owner's representative may enter the premises during reasonable daylight hours without securing prior permission from Guest, but shall give Guest notice of such entry immediately prior if possible and immediately thereafter. For inventory and maintenance purposes a property management employee of the Owner may need to enter the premises. The same permission procedure applies as above. In any emergency, Owner or Owner's servicing agents may enter the premises at any time without permission of Guest for the purposes of making repairs to alleviate such emergency. If Guest abandons or vacates premises, Owner may, at his option, terminate this agreement, re-enter the premises and remove all Guest's property.
7) ASSUMPTION OF RISK: No lifeguard will be on duty. Accordingly, persons using the pool or hot tub do so at their own risk, and the owner assumes no responsibility for accident or injury. No one should swim alone. Renters will hold the Owners harmless from any and all bodily injury and/or property damage incurred on the property arising out of Renters' negligent acts or omissions. See disclaimer below.
8) CHILD PROOFING: Guest understands that no special efforts have been made to "childproof" this house, and accepts the risk or harm to any children we allow on the property. These risks are not limited to, but include access to the pool, hot tub, adjacent street, cleaning supplies in the house and stairs.
9) FURNITURE: All furniture must be returned to its original location on Guest's departure or an additional charge will be made.
10) MISSING ITEMS - Renters will be charged for any missing items reasonably attributable to Renters and not returned after notification. The cleaning service performs an inventory/survey of the property after Guests depart and notifies the Owner of any missing items. Owner will notify guests in the event that items were inadvertently taken, and provide guests the opportunity to return the missing items. A fee of $50 will be charged against the Security Deposit per missing remote.
11) USE OF SECURITY CAMERAS - Renters understand and accept that the property is protected with two outside security cameras. These cameras are used to protect the property from potential break-ins and theft. One camera is located on the front porch. The other camera is located on the lower level back porch viewing only the emergency exit off the porch. Guests can exit the cabin and enter the hot tub without being seen on this camera. There are NO cameras inside the house.
12) PERSONAL PROPERTY: Guest understands that any personal property of and used by Guest is not insured by Owner and Owner shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or missing property of the Guest or property of Guest left after check out.
13) NO PARTIES - This is not a party house. The Renter must be 23 years of age to book this Vacation Rental. Any special occasions such as weddings, receptions, family reunions or increase of occupants (guests not registered on registration form) must be disclosed at the time the reservation is made and is subject to Owner's advanced approval. Prom parties, fraternity or sorority parties and graduation parties are not allowed at any time. Adults cannot rent property on behalf of underage guests, no exception.
14) NON-SMOKING - This is a NON SMOKING vacation rental. Evidence of smoking, such as the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke inside the home by the cleaning crew is sufficient basis to charge the renter for smoke cleanup and removal from carpeting, AC ducts & filters and furniture. This type of clean up is expensive and Renter is Liable for the deep cleaning Costs incurred.
15) NO PETS ALLOWED. If you bring a pet(s), this rental agreement will be forfeited, terminated and deposits will be retained and a deep cleaning fee will apply.
16) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY is dependent upon rental property chosen. Please refer to maximum occupancy listed at time of booking.
17) SUBLETTING: Guest is not authorized to let or sublet all or any part of the premises nor assign the lease or any interest in it without the prior written consent of the Owner.
18) CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT - Check-in is at 3:00 PM and check-out is 11:00 AM. A late checkout is subject to extra rental charges at the rate of $100/hour after a grace period of 30 minutes. Guests may arrange for extra nights in advance to avoid any late checkout fees. Extra nights are charged at the daily rate and may be granted if available. If Guests are not present when cleaning crews arrive and have left their possessions in the house, cleaning crews will collect their possessions and remove them from the premises in order to prepare the unit for incoming guests and Guest will be charged $150 for this service. PLEASE checkout promptly; the cleaning crews have a very short time window to prepare the unit for new guests.
19) CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES - Renters are responsible to complete the check-out procedures in the provided guest package that includes a check out list.
20) HOLDING OVER: Because of the nature of Owner's business (short term vacation rentals), Guest understands, and is hereby put on notice that any unauthorized "holding over" of the property past the stated rental period could severely jeopardize Owner's business and cause loss of rental income from other previously booked guests, temporary and/or permanent loss of business, goodwill and reputation and, among other things, could force Owner to breach an agreement with similar short term recreational Guest(s) who may have reservations during Guest's unauthorized "holding over" period. In the event, Owner may be legally liable in damages to said other guests. Guests should be aware that unauthorized "holding over" has been construed as a factor in establishing "malicious continuing occupation" of rental property, which may entitle Owner to treble damages in any unlawful detained action. Guest also recognizes the unauthorized "holding over" could be grounds in court as a cause of action for intentionally interfering with Owner's prospective business advantage. In addition, we will charge $100.00 an hour past 11:30 a.m. on day of check out.
21) HOT TUB WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Guest understands use of hot tub is at Guest's own risk and that special risks may be involved in using the hot tub. Guest accepts full responsibility for any bodily injury arising from use of the hot tub. Guest agrees to hold Owner harmless. Guest understands there are potential dangers that the hot tub may present to children who are not carefully supervised, as well as the danger to any person using the hot tub, or if a person has health risks, or if a person uses the hot tub while intoxicated or using any kind of drugs or medication, or uses the hot tub if pregnant. Guest agrees to explain the risks of using the hot tub to any guest that Guest may have at the property and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents guests may incur. Guest agrees to replace cover on hot tub when hot tub is not in use. Guest understands the risks discussed above and agrees that Guest will assume all responsibility for Guest and others for the consequences of those risks. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against owner for accidents or claims arising from use of hot tub.
22 AMENITIES LIABILITY WAIVER/HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT: Guest acknowledges that the property owner is not liable for any "bodily injury, or death" caused as a result of the use of amenities at this rental property, except under pure negligence on part of the owner. Amenities are defined as swimming pool, hot tub, sauna.
Renters understand that the Homeowners are not responsible for any personal injury caused by slipping on wet pavement or surfaces, and that tenants are responsible for exercising care when surfaces are wet or slippery due to weather or use of hoses to wash down areas, and further, that the homeowners are not responsible for any personal injury or loss or damage to tenants' property caused directly or indirectly from foul, inclement weather conditions, Acts of God or nature, failure of heat, accidents related to fire, heaters, stoves, tenants' failure to take adequate precautions around wet areas, or any unforeseeable circumstances.
Under no circumstances will Tenants or their guests hold the Owners of the Vacation Rental responsible for any damages or claims of any kind resulting from their stay, except for intentional acts of harm.
This agreement and disclaimer applies to Renters and all guests in the Renters' party.
I, the Renter, have read, understand, agree to, and will abide by this rental agreement and all conditions stated herein.
Renter Printed Name
Renter Signature Date